The Python IP scanner is a command line tool which takes the IP addresses to be scanned on the network. The tool displays the IP addresses which are shutdown and up. The final count is displayed based on the number of systems which are up and running on the network. The script pings the range of IP addresses and displays the result based on the response. The working of the script is shown below.
1. The command sudo python ipscanner.py starts the script from the command line.
2. The IP addresses which needs to be scanned on the network is specified in the code.
3. In the above code, the range of IP address is from 192.168.1.90 – 192.168.1.101
4. The code displays the systems which are shutdown and up based on the ping responses.
5. The total systems which are up (2) is displayed.
Get the source code of the tool by taking the Python Network Programming Course Click here to take the course on Udemy for $12.99