The following are 6 useful free protocol testing tools and how it can help in a testing activity.
1. Wireshark – This free protocol analyzer can be used to test packet level information in a testing activity. For ex, a layer 2 protocol tester, assigned to test STP functionality can use to validate the value of BPDU information in a STP Packet.
2. Python – Another free programming framework, which can be used to develop automation and performance testing scripts and tools.
3. Scapy – A packet crafting framework, which can used independently or along with the Python Framework
4. hping – A packet simulating tool which can be used especially in testing network security features and functionality.
5. Netperf – A free tool which can be used for network performance testing activities.
6. TCL / expect – A programming framework which can be used to automate remote connectivity to devices like routers and execute command line based test scenarios.
Become a Network Testing Expert with our Video Course – Click Here